[oodisc] Question about wordbooks and settings for Russian

Christian Markgraf chris на markgraf-net.de
Сб Июл 5 07:22:13 MSD 2003

Hi all,

sorry for writing in English, but I don't speak Russian.
I'm searching for the best spelling wordbook combination for Russian in
OpenOffice.org.

On http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/download_dictionary.html and
http://de.openoffice.org/spellcheck/about-spellcheck-detail.html are 3
Russian wordbooks linked: ru_RU.zip, ru_RU_ie.zip and ru_RU_yo.zip.

I wonder about the additional ru_RU_io.zip and ru_RU_0.zip on the
Server.
So my question, which spelling wordbooks fit to the need of native
Russian speakers?

This is the result of a first tip, is this OK?

[...]
DICT ru RU ru_RU
DICT ru RU ru_RU_io
HYPH ru RU hyph_ru
[...]

If you wonder why I'm asking, please let me explain.

We have build "LanguagePacks" for our native German visitors / users.
These *.zip files contain a working configuration and a ready to use
dictionary.lst in a /share/dict/ooo/ directory tree. It only needs be
extracted to the OO.o InstallDir without any additional editing of the
dictionary.lst. The German package contains all needed German wordbooks
plus Italian and French Wordbooks to make it usable in any area where
also German is spoken.

Now I am working on a complete package which contains all available and
needed wordbooks and a ready to use dictionary.lst. The Idea is to make
an easy solution for CD burning.

The current Snapshot is here:
http://www.christianmarkgraf.de/ooo/tryouts/dictionary.lst
(still under construction)
http://www.christianmarkgraf.de/ooo/tryouts/sprachen.html
(To see which languages are supported - German document)
http://www.christianmarkgraf.de/ooo/tryouts/LangPackSnapshot.zip
(14MB)

Can you give me a hint for the best configuration?

Regards
Chris
--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Observer