[oodisc] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] Open source and open formats

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Вт Ноя 30 03:00:58 MSK 2004

	Hi!
Если кто не читал "Who owns your data?" ещё -- всячески
рекомендую, вот опять напомнили :-)

----- Forwarded message from Cameron Miller <cdmiller adams.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:44:16 -0700
From: Cameron Miller <cdmiller adams.edu>
To: schoolforge-discuss schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] Open source and open formats

I'm going to agree with Vu Do Quynh on this one.  Proprietary document
formats are a big problem and need to be dealt with.  To affect change
and educate, folks need to make a little noise and push the use open
formats whenever possible.  The problem is nicely summed up in this piece:

Who owns your data?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200104/200104.htm

Some related interesting reading on email attachments:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3793

Personal pages like these might help:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/email.html
http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~miller/no-word