[Oo-discuss] Просмотр файлов Visio

Anatoly Yakushin doc на iqchoice.com
Пн Апр 9 00:11:14 MSD 2007

On 08.04.2007, at 0:04, Eugene Saenko wrote:

> Уважаемые господа,
>
> Возникла настоятельная
> необходимость просмотра в Linux (а в
> идеале --
> редактирования) файлов, созданных в MS
> Visio.
Can Dia open Visio .vsd files?

No, it can't. Visio file format is a completely proprietary and
undocumented file format. So it is really difficult to write code to
read it. The now-defunct Software Bazaar offered a bounty of several
thousand dollars for reverse-engineering the Visio format. We really
would like to be able to do so.

An easier alternative would be to make a Visio plug-in that will
allow conversion. Other programs have already done this for their
proprietary formats. If somebody were to make such a script, we could
set up a public server to do conversions.

With Visio 2002, it has become possible to export Visio diagrams as
XML (.vdx). Microsoft, in their infinite generosity, has even
published the Schema. Ian Redfern has made use of this, and a VDX
importer/exporter is part of Dia as of version 0.96.

Ian Redfern is working on decoding the Visio format. If you have any
interest in converting Visio files, please give him your assistance.

Так что зависит от того, какие именно
файлы Визио надо открывать.