[oodisc] Fw: [l10n-dev] OpenOffice POT files

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy на sam-solutions.net
Чт Сен 4 13:14:13 MSD 2003

----- Forwarded message from Dwayne Bailey <dwayne на obsidian.co.za> -----

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:51:45 +0200
From: Dwayne Bailey <dwayne на obsidian.co.za>
To: dev на l10n.openoffice.org
Subject: [l10n-dev] OpenOffice POT files

If you want to translate OpenOffice using GNU Gettext PO files then you
can grab the latest POT files from:

http://translate.org.za/download/pot/openoffice/ooo-1.1rc3-pot.tar.bz2

The main advantage of using this system is that you can use your
existing PO resources and PO translation tools such as kbabel.

We've also been creating our own tools to do these conversion - we
initially used the Perl ones but have rewritten them in Python.  We've
created tools to convert Mozilla DTD files to PO aswell.  You can see
more info on the Mozilla tools at:

http://translate.org.za/main.php?category=66&subcategory=0

We'll publish the OOo tools a little later.

We also use tools to convert PO to CSV which we find opens the whole
translation process to many professional translators who are usually
Windows bound.

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne на obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
        Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help на l10n.openoffice.org

----- End forwarded message -----

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---